The Vote for the new Emperor

Steel DarKnight

Which member should lead us into a new age?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unfortunately, as many whom attended the meeting are aware, we are faced with some dire issues.

For those whom were not able to attend it has come to our attention that Borg has decided to step down as emperor. This grieves me most greatly and I for one wish to thank him for his work, much of which goes unseen and unappreciated. An age for the empire is at an end.

At the request of the membership of PGoH I have been asked to post a poll to determine the next successor for the office. During our meeting three individuals were nominated to this post. I would like to note that no party asked for this position but were the consensus for the attendees.

Steel DarKnight, Ballyn, and Logan.

Logan, Ballyn and I have agreed that neither party will campaign for the post.

I believe that I speak for them when I say that is was a honor for us all to be asked to step forward and that we both feel the others would be more than suitable to the task. Vote with your hearts Guardians!

In agreeing to fill this role we all accept the duties, time, and commitment it would involve. For all of us UO is our home. We have both put allot of our time, effort, and dreams into the Honor Empire and would continue to do so to serve its members.

For whoever is granted the post I ask that all members understand the great responsibilities that individual is taking. The task that lies before them is great and the road long. But, we will continue, we always have and we always will.

The future lies in you Guardians, not only in this vote, but also in the actions and days to come. The Empire is more than a name; it is a charter and a way of life for us in this realm. It is YOU and what YOU make it.

Strength and Honor.

Edited by Steel DarKnight

I dont think there should be a poll here because anyone from non pgoh can also get in and vote..

I think there should be a vote date in UO where you place a ballot box and those who show up get to vote.. That way you can conferm the pgoh members and such..

I bet more people would show up for the vote in UO anyways, and not only that. The result of the vote is in game related so we should vote in game with ballot box!

Just a suggestion..

:D

Cyane of PGoH

This is a valid point Cyane, and i wished to say a bit more. Though this is somewhat abrupt we are in no way shutting PGoH down. If you are new, do not think that this means we are about to breakup. In fact, we are abhout to strengthen our guild, make it more active, and furthermore, have a say in our emperor, which is more than some have had before us. Please bear with us through our shortlived time of turmoil, we shall not let this bring us to the ground.

n fact, we are abhout to strengthen our guild, make it more active, and furthermore, have a say in our emperor, which is more than some have had before us.

While i agree we will Strengthen our guild, I Want to add that i will not tolerate or accept anyone one putting down Borg.

He made this guild for what it is and what we fight to keep, He steps down ending to me one the best era's in this games History and guild History. He is The Backbone of this guild and Will Always be Honor and Shown Respect

After much thought, I would wonder if it were possible to change my vote. I now remember a time when our leadership structure was questionable and SteelDarknight did step up and did an excellent job for that period of time. I think the most important aspect of being a leader "in realm" is: Active Participation.

I believe wholeheartedly that SteelDarknight can fill this role, with ease.

I would appreciate Logan more as our Decurion, as he continues to perform remarkably regarding interaction, roleplay and responsibilities -I would not want to lose that quality of leadership.

Yes, let it be known that the current Poll Count is unbalanced, as SteelDarknight now holds my vote for entry.

I wasnt putting borg down by saying we had a say in this emperors pick. I was merely stating that now you are in charge of picking who will run our guild. I apologize if in any way it did come out offensive

Thiork, logan currently holds a position higher than decurion as the Senator of War. I wish to further a proposal that he who comes in second could be the senior advisor to the new emperor, and he who came in third would become our Senator of War. Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

There can be no new emperor of PGoH. The moment that happens, the 4 abrv of the stone will be destroyed, it is very very bugy. Borg will still need to be in control of it.

Edited by Balandar

Balandar,

Borg will still be the GM. Nobody is being removed from the stone. No new loyalties are being sworn on the stone.

It's just that so many of the guild leaders have left the game for other ones, that nobody is really in charge anymore.

Those of us that are still in game when through quite a bit last night to reach the point where we could vote for who the new emperor was.

Again. Technically Borg is and will be the GM. Somebody else will fill the role of Imperor.

This really saddens me. I agree a change needs to be made. I dont feel every member should choose. I believe the Counsel should choose. I think the members should nominate, and thru those nominations the Counsel picks the new successor. I choose not to vote until the very last minute. It seems not all are in agreement to this change. Most likely will never be in agreement. Thats why a Counsel is setup. Or, if we choose an emperor, all other positions are gonna change also. Are we gonna vote on every position or does the Counsel take over after we, as a whole, choose a successor? That i could deal with.

Less than a handful of positions are going to change. Once the new Emporor is chosen, the Senator of War seat will be decided on by the Council if it is left vacant. Magistrate and Decurion will also be decided upon, based on who becomes Emporor from the above list. It is my understanding that Emporor, Magistrate, Seantor of War seats will be filled by the 3 people above. If that ends up being the case, then a new Decurion will be appointed.

Bottom line is that once the new Emporor is chosen, the Codex will fill any empty leadership posts. There has already been much talk of who will go where depending on certain outcomes, etc... so expect it to happen quickly once the vote concludes.

Last night wont happen again everyone. Things are being taken care of to assure that. Have trust in your leadership. More importantly, have trust in the Codex! All will be very well, very soon!

Please sit tight until Borg makes his post. There are issues being worked out. He still has long time members of PGoH to contact before the plan is revealed.

Martok, no offense intended here.

That is part of the problem that lead to the voting.

NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE EMPIRE

When was the last time we saw you, Borg, or any of the other senior memebers at a meeting?

The guild chain of command is shot to hell. We are tired of waiting and waiting and waiting.

That is why we are voting now.

According to what happened at the meeting. Lora called Stan. He agreed to step out of the Emperor position (not the stone mind you, the stone isn't changing), and allow those of us that have remained in the guild and in the game to deicde who our leaders are.

Now if Borg or any of the other memebers that have not been able to attend a meeting in a while would like to add anything to the Empire, they can use the forums. But they haven't. Now after last night we are told to wait and watch the forums?:cry: We have been.

There is no communication in the empire. Leadership is *almost* non-existant.

Those of us that are left behind are doing our best to fix these problems.

Please stop telling us to wait. We are tired of waiting for people we never see or hear from anymore.

Edited by Winter Wind

Sorry Winter, but Borg is limited in time with work. Due to him being a manager, he has to work a good 80 hours or more sometimes a week. He also has to call and talk to all of the long term members about this situation. We are all friends in RL, have met in RL, and have spent a lot of money talking to each other in RL.

As to those of you who feel obligated to insult. You should never ever disrespect Borg or the other leaders of PGoH. Borg has spent thousands of dollars for this guild. Real life money and more time then any single member in the guild. The other leaders have been around for years and years and have put tons of their time into making the guild it is today.

Give Borg the time he needs to do what he needs to do please.

Many of you have no idea what some of us have invested in this game for the enjoyment of the members. This includes time, money and yes even at times the neglect of our own families when things within our realm family warranted it.

With that said a new Prefect of the Praetorian will be needed as well. Some of you know my real life situation and how many things are going on that are just very unpleasant. You all know I am forced to sell some of what I have but I will not leave the game altogether, just cut back to one account, Brightblade. Aside from that I just can't devote the time needed for this position. So Kodoz the new Emperor will need a new Praetorian Prefect (advisor and enforcer of codex).

I think I have said all I have to say on the issue. Anything else will just be repeating myself and that will accomplish nothing.

Just gonna sit back and see where things lead to now.

Now, on a different subject. Brightblade. I understand you are having problems. There is nothing wrong wtih that and I believe everybody is understanding of your situation.

Please sit tight until Borg makes his post. There are issues being worked out. He still has long time members of PGoH to contact before the plan is revealed.

Martok, thank you once again for taking the 5 seconds needed to say "everybody sit down while those of use who have left already discuss your fate with Borg"

Why is it that this plan isnt being discussed on the leader forum?

On a side note, I was able to talk to borg a bit on shadowbane last night (and Martok, he said im not kill on sight so there :cry: ) and he mentioned something about a new stone to handle guild functions

as for the voting method, I think a ballot box would definitely be best.

there's been a lot of problems in the past with people making multiple selections or people who arent meant to participate making selections on polls on this site.

a time and date can be set for the polls to be open and at that time a ballot box can be placed. The box could be in a house that's set as private and members can be friended when they show up so they can get in to vote.

I find so many problems with your post Chris.

Borg is contacting members to let them know he is LEAVING before he makes any announcement in public......if you were a real life friend of someone, and knew them for many years, wouldn't you rather inform them in person?

I am glad I am entering shadowbane. This guild has turned into a guild of backstabbing powerhungry kids.

Enjoy kiddies.

And this post took me fifteen seconds.